INDIANAPOLIS — A man has filed a lawsuit against FedEx stemming from last year’s mass shooting at an Indianapolis facility.
Cameron Olson filed the three-page lawsuit accusing FedEx of emotional distress and negligence.
He was working on April 15, 2021, at the facility when Brandon Scott Hole, 19, killed eight employees — Matthew R. Alexander, 32; Samaria Blackwell, 19; Amarjeet Johal, 66; Jaswinder Kaur, 64; Jaswinder Singh, 68; Amarjit Sekhon, 48; Karli Smith, 19; and John Weisert, 74.
Olson’s complaint says he tried to save lives by going to his vehicle, getting a firearm and confronting the shooter in what is described as a “shootout.”
Olson, who said in the lawsuit that he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, is seeking $100,000 in damages for what he calls the horrific experience, trauma and neglect.
The lawsuit says Olson is troubled that FedEx never showed appreciation or concern about his well-being and that he worries the company might retaliate and fire him.
WRTV has reached out to FedEx for comment.
-
Court rules ex-IPS student incompetent to stand trial in alleged teacher assault
A Marion County judge issued an order Wednesday finding a former IPS student incompetent to stand trial for the alleged battery of a special education teacher.Bartholomew County prepares for potential flooding following severe weather
All of Indiana — including the southern part of the state — is bracing for flooding in addition to the severe storms.Man fatally shot on Indy's near northwest side
A person was fatally shot on the near northwest side of Indianapolis on Wednesday, according to police.Trump announces baseline 10% tariff on imports for all US trade partners
On what the White House has dubbed as "Liberation Day," President Donald Trump announced a spate of new tariffs on all U.S. trade partners.