CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Court rules ex-IPS student incompetent to stand trial in alleged teacher assault
A Marion County judge issued an order Wednesday finding a former IPS student incompetent to stand trial for the alleged battery of a special education teacher.Bartholomew County prepares for potential flooding following severe weather
All of Indiana — including the southern part of the state — is bracing for flooding in addition to the severe storms.Man fatally shot on Indy's near northwest side
A person was fatally shot on the near northwest side of Indianapolis on Wednesday, according to police.Boone County explores options for attainable housing
By 2030, they will need 10,000 additional housing units to meet the demand in Boone County. That is according to a recent study from the county's Economic Development Corporation.