CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
BLOG: Severe storms cause extensive damage, 1 death in Central Indiana Wednesday
On Wednesday, Central Indiana was upgraded to the moderate risk category (level 4/5 risk) for severe weather.Indiana outlines new high school diploma guidelines with key partnerships
Indiana high school students will soon have a new choice regarding their education as the state unveils a redesigned diploma program.Steel suppliers preparing for possible tariff impacts
More steel is made in Indiana than in any other state. Local suppliers are now waiting to find out how tariffs on foreign steel will affect their business.Funeral homes concerned tariffs could drive up costs
Laying a loved one to rest takes a toll on a family and now that process could be more expensive for Hoosier families.